Instructions for Lesson 4
BUILDING BIBLICAL THEOLOGY
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LESSON 4: CONTOURS OF NEW TESTAMENT BIBLICAL THEOLOGY
Before starting the lesson, you should access the lecture for this lesson, either in the form of video, audio file, or manuscript. You should have already downloaded the study guides for the whole course.
The lesson is divided into the following sections:
2) Developments in Eschatology
3) New Testament Eschatology
Goals and Objectives
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope you will make use of all the resources and activities of the lesson to understand the New Testament perspective of the coming of the kingdom.
2. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson. It should help you interpret the New Testament, taking into account the theme of the coming of the kingdom.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Obtain satisfactory grades on the tests, demonstrating that you can identify the following: a) the unique characteristics of New Testament Biblical Theology, b) the perspective of the first century Jews regarding eschatology, and c) the New Testament perspective regarding eschatology.
2. Answer the application questions in the study guides, showing that you can use biblical theology to interpret the New Testament, taking into account the theme of the coming of the kingdom.
THE MULTIMEDIA LESSONS
1. Study the first section of the lesson.
Remember: You can study the lesson by watching the video, listening to the audio, or reading the manuscript.
2. Use Study Guide 4.1 to assimilate the teaching. Use the outline for taking notes, answer the review questions, and answer the application questions.
3. Take Quiz 4.1.
1. Study section 2 of the lesson, using Study Guide 4.2.
2. Take Quiz 4.2.
1. Study section 3 of the lesson, using Study Guide 4.3.
2. Take Quiz 4.3.
1. Review all the study guides of the lesson, preparing for the test on the whole lesson.
2. Take the Cumulative Test.
REVIEW OF ALL THE LECTURES
1. Review all the lessons.
2. Take the Final Exam on all the lectures.
OTHER REQUIRED ACTIVITIES
1. Complete the Supplementary Lesson.
2. Complete the Questionnaire.
3. Finish the required reading, the quizzes, and the cumulative test.
1. Written Project
If you are doing the optional written project, you should finish it now. Make sure you have followed the instructions in Lesson 1. Upload your final version of the project in a Word document, following the instructions in the section "Submission of Optional Assignments."
2. Essay Questions
Answer the questions that correspond to this lesson. Finish all questions on all lessons. Keep all your answers in one single document for the essays. A drop box to upload these assignments is provided in the section "Submission of Optional Assignments" for students whose institutions will be tracking their completion.
3. Journal Questions
Answer the questions that correspond to this lesson. Finish all questions for all lessons. Keep all your answers in one single document for the essays. A drop box to upload these assignments is provided in the section "Submission of Optional Assignments" for students whose institutions will be tracking their completion.
4. Optional Additional Reading
Finish your reading and fill out a report on each book or article, using the "Form for Reading Reports." Upload these reports in one single document, following the instructions in the section "Submission of Optional Assignments."
If you have scored a total of 70% or more on the whole course, you may print out a certificate to confirm your satisfactory completion of the course.
Please fill out the feedback survey, so that we can see how the course has benefited you, and so that we can continue improving the courses