Instructions for Lesson 2
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LESSON 2: THE GOSPEL OF MATTHEW
Before starting the lesson, you should obtain the lecture for this lesson, either in the form of video, audio file, or manuscript. See "Instructions for Downloading the Lectures" in the section "General Resources." You should have already downloaded the study guides for the whole course.
The lesson is divided into the following sections:
2) Structure and Content
3) Major Themes
Goals and Objectives
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope that you will become familiar with the background and basic content of the Gospel of Matthew.
2. We hope your admiration for Jesus grows as you see in the Gospel of Matthew how He fulfills the promises of the Old Testament.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson, especially in the way you interpret the New Testament, considering how Jesus fulfills the promises of the Old Testament.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Obtain satisfactory grades on the tests, demonstrating that you can identify major information about the background, structure and content, and major themes of the Gospel of Matthew.
2. Answer the application questions in the study guides, expressing your sentiments toward Jesus, and showing how you have applied the teachings of the lesson to your own life, especially that you are taking into account the way Jesus fulfills the Old Testament when you interpret the New Testament.
1. Study the first section of the lesson.
Remember: You can study the lesson by watching the video, listening to the audio, or reading the manuscript.
2. Use Study Guide 2.1 to assimilate the teaching. Use the outline for taking notes, answer the review questions, and answer the application questions.
3. Take Quiz 2.1.
1. Study section 2 of the lesson, using Study Guide 2.2.
2. Take Quiz 2.2.
1. Study section 3 of the lesson, using Study Guide 2.3.
2. Take Quiz 2.3.
1. Complete the Mini-Lesson.
2. Optional: Look through the glossary and play the learning game.
1. Review all the study guides of the lesson, preparing for the test on the whole lesson.
2. Take the Accumulative Test.
3. Complete the questionnaire to help digest and apply the teachings of the lesson.