Mentor Meeting 2
Four times during this course you will meet with a designated mentor to talk through application points for the material we are covering in class. Those meetings should last one hour and should be directed by the mentor. You will need to read through the entire course text for the week and watch any accompanying video lectures before coming to the meeting and should be prepared to talk through all six topics listed below. Your mentor will then choose three of the six for discussion. The point of the meeting is to talk through the intersection of the information from the course with the students' life.
Suggested topics include:
1) To what extent has your study of Proverbs (and didactic wisdom) revealed areas of your life where you need to grow in wisdom personally? Give examples.
2) To what extent has your study of Proverbs (and didactic wisdom) revealed areas of your church/ministry skills could be improved with additional wisdom? Give examples.
3) Describe ways in which Folly (personified as a woman in Prov 9) attempts to seduce you towards unwise living?
4) What are the dangers that can happen if we treat individual proverbs as if they are promises, rather than statements like "all things being equal," wise living produces better results?
5) Spend some time in prayer for additional growth in wisdom.
Once complete, you and your mentor should fill out and sign the Mentor Meeting Report form, briefly describing the time and your impressions from it, and upload it to the assignment drop box. This exercise will be graded for completion.