Instructions for Lesson 1
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LESSON 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE GOSPELS
Before starting the lesson, you should obtain the following resources: a) The lecture for this lesson, either in the form of video, audio file, or manuscript. See "Instructions for Downloading the Lectures" in the section "General Resources." b) The "Study Guides" for the course. Find them under "General Resources to Download for the Course," also found in the section "General Resources." You should download this document with the study guides onto your computer, in order to use them for studying the lectures.
The lesson is divided into the following sections:
1) Literary Character
2) Status in the Church
Goals and Objectives
In this lesson, we would like to accomplish the following:
1. We hope that you will learn the basic facts regarding the character of the four gospels and their place in the Church.
2. We hope you will become excited about studying the four gospels and knowing Jesus better.
3. We hope you make some changes in your life as a response to the teachings of this lesson, especially growing in your love for Jesus and your commitment to Him.
When you have done the following, it will show that the goals are met:
1. Obtain satisfactory grades on the tests, demonstrating that you can identify major information about the literary character of the four gospels, their acceptance by the Church, and their similarities and differences.
2. Answer the application questions in the study guides, expressing your sentiments about Jesus and the four gospels, and showing how the study of the gospels has changed your life, especially deepening your commitment to Jesus.
1. Study the first section of the lesson.
Remember: You can study the lesson by watching the video, listening to the audio, or reading the manuscript.
2. Use Study Guide 1.1 to assimilate the teaching. Use the outline for taking notes, answer the review questions, and answer the application questions.
3. Take Quiz 1.1.
1. Study section 2 of the lesson, using Study Guide 1.2.
2. Take Quiz 1.2.
1. Study section 3 of the lesson, using Study Guide 1.3.
2. Take Quiz 1.3.
1. Study section 4 of the lesson, using Study Guide 1.4.
2. Take Quiz 1.4.
1. Complete the Mini-Lesson.
2. Optional: Look through the glossary and play the learning game.
1. Review all the study guides of the lesson, preparing for the test on the whole lesson.
2. Take the Accumulative Test.
3. Complete the questionnaire to help digest and apply the teachings of the lesson.